Writing, like other arts, is a representation of life. Thus, the writer is compelled to live life more consciously. --Brad Wilcox

Monday, November 2, 2009

Travel Logs

These two books were made with the travel-lover in mind. They are both the standard size of 8.5x5.5, and they are great ways to log travel experiences. Both begin with a title page that reads: "One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things," by Henry Miller. And I really like the idea of recording and recalling memories through the five senses, so I put together pages that would do just that: prompts for the experiences abroad.

This first journal has the prompts on each of the 40 pages of ivory, 28 lb resume paper. It is also reversible--flip it over and you have blank pages (the backs of the prompts) for notes, journal entries, etc.
In the top left corner, there is a place to log location, date, and time, and then the prompts follow. They say, "I see," "I smell," "I taste," "I hear," and "I feel." Here is a picture of the prompted pages:

This second journal has a print of the Eiffel Tower on it, and also has the prompts, but only every other page of the 40 pages of 32 lb, white, resume paper.
And here is a picture of the back:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I knew you were talented, but I had no idea you made such a beautiful books! My goodness...they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete