Writing, like other arts, is a representation of life. Thus, the writer is compelled to live life more consciously. --Brad Wilcox

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Craft Fair

I've been booking like crazy these past few weeks, preparing for the craft fair. It is now in two weeks, and thanks to a new tool I bought on Friday, I still have the drive to keep booking. I did get burnt out for a few days and took a break, but the new hole puncher I got has really livened (and quickened) things up, and has made it a lot easier to finish up the last stages (which are the stages I once dreaded).

I'm posting pictures of my books, but I realize my photography skills really aren't the greatest. I'm hoping to improve that talent too.

This is one of my favorite books. It turned out so elegant-looking. The inside pages are white, watermarked, 32 lb resume paper. The journal measures to be my standard size journals of 5.5x8.5. The insides of the front and back covers have a smaller blue ribbon running along the bottom, about an inch up.


This is another blank journal from my collection. I really enjoyed doing this one because of the Japanese theme. All my journals are bound with the Japanese Stab binding, but this binding seemed to be a little more "Japanese-ey" than the others. And I loved the tree branches coming down onto the cover. I thought that was beautiful. This too is made with white, watermarked, 32 lb resume paper for the pages and measures to be 5.5x8.5. The title page of this journal has the Japanese character "Love" printed on it, and again, there's the ribbon along the bottom of the inside covers about three quarters inch up.
Finally, this is another blank journal with the same white, watermarked, 32 lb resume paper. It is the standard large size as the others, but the thing I really like about this one is that the red prints are velvet textured. The inside cover also has a red velvet ribbon along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment